August is almost here and Summer is in full swing. Good thing we are too! Here are our August Announcements;
1. We are proud to announce the next of our Targeted Training classes.
Please welcome the High Voltage Olympic Weightlifting Club!
This 8 week course will start Monday, August 9, and take place on Mondays and Wednesday nights at 7:30pm. You will learn the Snatch and Clean & Jerk.
Course spaces are extremely limited, and we currently only have 5 spots left.
It’s $199 for current CFHV members, and $249 for non-members.
To reserve your spot in this awesome class, please do so at the following link:
2. Our High Voltage Endurance Club was such a huge hit, that we’re starting a weekly Run Club at the gym!
It’ll take place on Thursdays at 7pm, and start next Thursday, August 5. Best of all, it’s Free to everyone, so bring your friends!
3. New Group Classes! That’s right, we keep on growing…get people Fit and they’ll keep coming. We’ve recently added some new Group classes and Open Gym Times to the schedule:
-Fridays are now all Group Class format!!! This has been a popular change, and we’re happy to keep offering more of what people want. Classes Friday are at 6:30am, 9:30 (starting Aug6), 12:30pm, and 6pm.
-We’re also offering Open Gym Time on Saturdays from 11am-1pm. Our 9am Level 1 and 10am All Levels classes are still going on as scheduled.
-Starting next Friday we’ll also be offering a 9:30am class, starting Friday, August 6. We now offer a Monday, Wednesday and Friday class at this time. We’ll keep expanding them as we keep on growing.
4. Fight Gone Bad 5 is coming! Saturday, September 25 at the box we’ll be doing Fight Gone Bad to benefit three charities this year: LIVESTRONG, Wounded Warrior Project and the CrossFit Foundation.
Please go to FGB5.org and register under CrossFit High Voltage. Then…start raising some money for these great causes. On Saturday, September 25 we’ll be doing the Fight Bone Bad WOD as our next In House Challenge. Mark your calendars!!!
5. Finally, The Pasadena Mud Run! It’s Saturday, August 21. We’ll be doing the 10:30am race. To register, do so here: www.ecomudruntour.com/lamudrun/[wpvideo kahxPfhA]
Level 1 CrossFit
Skill: Front Squat
WOD: 15 Minute AMRAP
9x Front Squat
5x Toes to Bar
Post rounds to comments.
All Levels CrossFit
A1. Back Squat 5-4-3-3 (rest 15 seconds)
A2. Muscle Up Transitions x 3 (rest 45 seconds)
B1. 1x Press, 3x Push Press, 5x Push Jerk (rest 15 seconds)
B2. Rope Climb (as difficult as possible: no legs, L-Sit, L-Sit from ground, holding weight)
C. Toes to Bar, for time.
3x [4 sets of 5 toes to bar/set]; rest b/t sets of 5 minimally and EXACTLY 30 sec b/t sets
(60 toes to bar total) You must come off the bar after every set of 5.
Post squat, press complex, and time for T2B to comments.