- Wow! What a great start to the New Year! We’ve been averaging almost 100 in CrossFitters a day! Here’s a few things to remember for all Volts & Vixens and future Volts & Vixens
- #1: When you see someone you don’t know please introduce yourself. No matter how comfortable we get with each other here remember that this stuff really is different from what most everyone has ever done before. Help them into our Community the same way the rest of us helped take you in!
- Starting the gym that was Carly and my very first idea and it’s proved more valuable than we could have ever thought: to make CrossFit High Voltage a place where people feel welcome and leave feeling better than when they came in (from the awesome workouts & instruction camaraderie overall energy of the place etc) and not have it be a place of cliques or a heirarchy based on how much you could lift or any of that type of thing. Great performances are very important but it doesn’t mean you get a pass on being cool. It’s helped us have an incredible Community and is a big reason why more people CrossFit with us than anywhere else around.
- #2: Arrive on time! Actually arrive early and stay late. The Coaches instructions at the start of your session are very important plus we want you to get a thorough warm-up before things really get awesome.
- #3: Have a great time. This is hopefully one of the best parts of your day. You can leave all the bad parts of your day at the door (along with your ego) and come and have a great time. We’re having a great time we hope you will too!
Doing CrossFit movements properly tumps everything else and is the #1 focus not just our Level 1 CrossFit class but for every class every day.
Level 1 CrossFit
Skill: Sumo Deadlift High Pull
WOD: 15 Minute AMRAP
5x Push Ups
All Levels CrossFit
A. 4 sets going up in weight
3x Power Clean 3x Front Squat 3x Push Press
B. 4 sets best score for each part
B1. 10x Ring Dips ADAP Rest 30 seconds
B2. 1 Min AMRAP Double Unders
B3. 100 Meter Row Test.