110221 – Monday
- Regular Schedule for President’s Day.
- Be sure and come by this Tuesday night when Stronger Faster Healthier’s Matty Aporta comes by the box again to go over some more nutritional topics. It was very helpful for everyone last time so don’t miss out!
- The First Annual PHAT Elvis High Voltage Weightlifting Meet will be Saturday March 12 @ 1pm! It is an officially sanctioned competition by USA Weightlifting. If you’ve never seen a real Oly meet you’ve got to check it out they’re a really good time.
- And of course…CrossFit Games Open Qualifiers start the week of March 15 that’s less than 4 weeks away. We’ll be hosting the WOD every week at our box so you have no reason not to just try the wod’s out and be a part of this Global Competition. Sounds good right? Right!
And now for our Member Profile of the Week…who is this mysterious CrossFitter???
Q. How long have you been a CrossFitter?
A. A year and a half
Q. What is your previous sports/fitness background?
* played Tennis for the philippine junior davis cup team
* soccer and basketball growing up as a kid
* surfing and snowboarding
* Marathons and triathlons
Q. How did you hear about CrossFit/CrossFit High Voltage?
A. My girlfriend invited me to a crossfit class with her friends Tom and Laura. I walked into the class thinking it was another Bootcamp.. I was totally wrong. I thought I was fit apparently I wasnt “Crossfit ” FIT” and realized I cant squat!!!
Q. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
A. Murph or Michael and Tabata squats .. Once in awhile
Q. Least Favorite?
Q. Your Fran time?
A. From 12:35 – 5:45 rx’d.
What athlete (CrossFit or otherwise) do you admire most and why?
I admire every single member at the gym. I believe it takes a certain type of personality and mindset to be a crossfiter. They are motivators and have such great energy. They can make the impossible … possible.
Q. What are your CrossFit goals?
A. Just get better… stronger.. and push harder
Q. Would you rather do 100 burpees 100 pullups or 100 squats?
What do you do when you are not at CrossFit?
do my endurance training.. Sleep and think whats the next crossfit workout.. Its addicting.. You start breathing crossfit for some reason.
Favorite CrossFit Shoe?
NIke Total 90 soccer shoes and my Oly shoes
What do you think people know you for best?
I don’t know really..
What is the best piece of advice you’d give a new CrossFitter?
Its fun. You will meet great people in your box. The best work out. The best thing that will happen in your life. The best addition to your life long journey of fitness.
Q. Who’s your favorite member to sweat with?
A. OH.. geezzz… TONS!Everyone. the 5 6 7 and 8 pm crew… They are my family.
Q. What do you like best about CrossFit High Voltage?
A. Other than such a clean and orderly facility.. It really is the people working out and the coaches. There is nothing like doing the workouts with other people. When you start crossfitting…. A stranger becomes a buddy… a few more days a friend… a month a confidant… then they become family.
Q. Any other information you would like the world to know???
A. TRY IT!!!! Best investment for yourself…