Congrats to Brooke, aka Brooke-Monster, for being selected as part of Team WOD Gear! Here she is crushing a 150# Overhead Squat…she couldn’t do this when she started, but she trains with dedication and intensity, and that always pays off!
This photo reminded me of a great conversation I had with a brand new Vixen tonight. It was her first class (at Level 1), and she couldn’t believe some of the things the ladies were able to do. Toes to Bar? Pull Ups? And what was that on the jump rope? She couldn’t believe that people didn’t come in to the box with these abilities!
These complex movements become ones we end up taking for granted, after time they become ones you can even warm up with, and we fixate on the ones we can’t do. Nothing wrong with motivating yourself by trying to conquer yet another weakness on your list, nothing at all…but if you take a step back and talk to a new CrossFitter at our box, chances are their mind is being blown by some of the seemingly simple things you can do. That is a testament to how far you’ve come, how consistently you’ve trained, and how dedicated you’ve been
The saying goes ‘Your Workout is Our Warm Up’, but for people getting on board with the fitness protocol that we know yields unmatched results, the saying should be ‘Your Warm Up Blows My Mind’. More always lies ahead than behind, but you should always be proud of where you come from.
A. Push Press
B. Strict Press
C. Tire Flip w/jump
2 min AMRAP x 3 sets.
D. Prowler Push
- The Next Level Invitational is coming up, and this popular local event is growing quickly! It’s a great sign of how much fun the event is, as well as well thought out programming. If you don’t know about the NLI, it is a 1 day local CrossFit competition, with Advanced and Intermediate divisions. It’s tough, but very inclusive, just like our Community, which makes this right up our alley!
- To qualify to compete in this competition, you must pre-qualify by completing 4 WOD’s, comprised of 2 events. They are all do-able by nearly every person in our box, so I’m going to take this opportunity to put the challenge out there to each and every one of you. We know not every person is going to compete, but the energy that comes from every single Volt and Vixen working hard towards similar goals creates an environment where everyone is training with a purpose, and everyone is on the same Team.
- We will be doing these WOD’s Monday through Thursday in the week after the Games (first week of August, 1-4: they’re due by Aug 6). We will do WOD A on Monday, Aug 1, WOD B on Tuesday, etc. Our upcoming training will reflect this in some aspects…in others it will stay on the more constantly varied ready for anything side.
- Even if you’re not planning on competing, check out the WOD’s, and start setting goals of what you want to accomplish. Goals are one of the most important aspects of CrossFit, and in being a part of our gym. Focused training always yields great results!
- Check out the link, then post your goals to comments like this (these are mine:
- WOD A: Front Squat: 315#, Pull Ups: 65
- WOD B: HSPU: 25, 1k Row: 3:35
- WOD C: KB Snatch AMRAP: 200+, L-Sit: 60 sec
- WOD D: Power Clean: 250#, 45m AMRAP: 9 rounds