We’ve been working on developing an Instructor Training Program for quite some time now and we’re excited to finally launch this. As our Community has grown so has its knowledge and experience. While our training program has continually helped you all reach far beyond your initial fitness goals some of you are ready to take your fitness journey to the next level.
We are looking for motivated CrossFitters who want to go beyond being just an athlete – so that you become someone who is not only knowledgeable and articulate about CrossFit but you are capable of teaching a great CrossFit class as well!
Do you think you have what it takes? Are you interested in finding out? Then read on!
The High Voltage Instructor Training Program (ITP)
The High Voltage Instructor Training Program has been designed for the ongoing development of a fitness coach. We know there are several of you who are interested in coaching without having to quit your job or change careers to do so. This program was designed to address both – the person who is looking for a career change and the person who just wants to learn more share it with others and teach an amazing class.
We are looking to develop a group of people that we can rely on to be great substitute coaches assistant coaches to keep the lights on over holidays for people who want to keep training and perhaps to eventually be part of the CrossFit High Voltage Coaching team and/or staff.
If you are interested please join us at the gym on Thursday October 27 at 6pm for an mini orientation.
Please email us at Tim@crossfithighvoltage.com if you’ll be there or if you are interested in the program and have additional questions. We’re looking forward to taking this next step with many of you.
It’s going to be fun exciting and a great next part of the growth for CrossFit High Voltage.
Goals of the CrossFit High Voltage Instructor Training Program:
1. To provide our members with the opportunity to further their growth as an athlete and leader by becoming a High Voltage Certiﬁed Coach.
2. To create a core group of student instructors that are both knowledgeable and proficient in the instruction of CrossFit movements and capable of teaching a fun and valuable CrossFit class.
3. There is no cost for this program…but you must be motivated and committed.
The CFHV Instructor Training Program was designed to help add to our expert coaching staff and have a steady flow of assistant coaches and helpers some of whom may go on to become lead coaches or work on the operations side of the gym.
We are only looking for people who are responsible self-starters motivated and are ready to learn how to become part of our team and what makes our gym so special.
To become an instructor through our program the requirements are to pass the Level 1 CrossFit High Voltage Test and then Level 2 and 3 CrossFit High Voltage Test. The speed at which you move through the program will be determined by your background experience and diligence in practice and execution.
**Note: Completing the CFHV Instructor Training Program in no way obligates you to being a full or part time coach/instructor at CFHV. Completion does not include a CrossFit (HQ) certification which is will also need to be attained. It also does not guarantee you a position as a regular instructor in the CFHV schedule.
1. Write a “Letter of Intent” –
This typed essay does not need to be long but it should be from the heart. (This IS a requirement and may be used to determine your eligibility for participation in the program.)
Email this to tim@crossﬁthighvoltage.com
by Monday October 31.
You will ﬁnd out within 1 week if you have been accepted.
* Why do you want to be an instructor?
* Why would someone want you to be their Coach?
* What is your background (include all): education profession sports and ﬁtness?
* What are your strengths & weaknesses?
* Do you intend being an instructor as a career or a part time passion? (this will not affect your acceptance we just want to know where you stand)
– A basic movement test must be completed. Scheduling this test is the responsibility of the student and must be done with Tim.
2. Instructor Training Program (ITP) Master Class –
Every week on Thursday Evening at 6:00pm we will hold a master class strictly for those people in the CFHV ITP. This class will give each member of ITP an opportunity to create & present a workout organize the class elements do the workout and receive constructive criticism on their workout’s effectiveness their ability to organize motivate and lead a group.
Are you up for the challenge?
For those of you that are it’s going to be an exciting journey making High Voltage even better.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Looks like we’re going to need a bigger board! Let’s keep the good times rolling on Wednesday!!!
All Levels CrossFit:
A. Row: 3x300m. Score is slowest row time. Rest no less than 3 min each set.
B. 60 sec per station 60 sec rest. 5 stations total. 2x through. Score is total reps.
1. KB Swings (heavy as possible)
3. Row for cal
4. Pull Ups (upscale to Muscle Ups = 4 pts bar muscle ups = 3 pts chest to bar pull ups = 2 pts)
5. Overhead Squat
Level 1 CrossFit
Skill: overhead squat: sets of 5 reps going up in weight. Focus on keeping arms straight and bar path in line with mid foot.
1 min on 1 min off. 2x through. Score is Max reps.
-Row for Cal