It’s been fun ‘leaking’ out the details for the Whole Life Challenge. I love how many emails I’m getting from Volts and Vixens that go something like this – “I’m super excited about the Whole Life Challenge…how do I play…when can I start….and do I have to be perfect?” Great questions all around and before we get to more Challenge Details below I’m going to jump in with a few points.
The Whole Life Challenge designed to help you dig deeper and get better in the aspects of our daily lives that important for our long term success. These may be areas we are inconsistent on or maybe don’t know how great the effects can be when we really step up to the plate and commit to a goal. But…it might even be areas you think you are really good in…but then we hold that up to the light and realize that we can always improve and that we should always be striving to be a little better than the day before. We all have something we can improve on and this Challenge is designed to help us dial those aspects all these aspects and so much more.
Finally before we get to the deets the goal is NOT to be perfect and be miserable just like I’m pretty sure that isn’t the goal your life. The goal is to get a little bit better each day and understand how these small choices add up to a happier healthier life and then show our family and friends how awesome things really can be.
Whole Life Challenge Worldwide
- How the Challenge Works: The Deets!
1. GET REGISTERED – Go to wholelifechallenge.com on August 15th (next Wednesday…not quite yet…but we’ll definitely be reminding you) create your account and pay for the challenge. The fee for entering the challenge is $45
2. CHALLENGE PRELIMS – Saturday September 15. Participate in your affiliate’s challenge prelims (at High Voltage) where you will be measured and do a preliminary workout just like in a PR challenge. These measurements will be used as part of the determination of your affiliate’s winners. If you cannot make the prelims be sure to schedule a make-up with a staff member at your affiliate.
3. PLAY THE GAME – The game consists of four areas: Nutrition Workout Mobilization supplementing with Fish oil.
a. Nutrition – No grains or starches (legumes ARE permitted) corn or soy sugars or artificial sweeteners juice alcohol dairy (butter IS permitted) artificial or processed foods. You will start every day with 3 points for nutrition. Subtract 1 point for every violation of the nutrition rules. You can finish the day with 0 1 2 or 3 points.
b. Workout – In this challenge you will train EVERY DAY. The minimum requirement for your workout is 10 minutes of active recovery. That means that even if you are taking a day off from intense workouts you must still engage in at least 10 minutes of activity (e.g. jogging skating biking yoga etc). Intensity is not the goal consistency is. You will earn 1 point for your workout each day.
c. Mobilization – Stretch or mobilize for 10 minutes every day. You will earn 1 point for mobilizing each day.
d. Fish oil – Take a fish oil or EPA/DHA omega-3 supplement every day. There is no minimum dose for omega-3 for this challenge. You may take any brand you like. Your fish oil supplement need not comply with the nutrition rules (wheat corn soy artificial ingredients etc). You will earn 1 point each for taking a fish oil supplement each day.
4. REPORT YOUR SCORE – Every day during the challenge starting Sunday September 16 log into the WLC website and report your score for the previous day on the worldwide scoreboard. You will be able to log your score starting at midnight. The cut-off time for logging is 3pm local time each day. After 3pm you will lose the opportunity to enter your previous day’s score and will be given a 0 for that day.
5. CHALLENGE FINALS – Saturday November 10. Repeat the prelim’s measurements and workout. You will be ranked according to your improvement in both areas as a part of the determination of your overall ranking in your affiliate. If you cannot make the finals be sure to schedule a make-up with a staff member at your affiliate prior to the finals event.
6. BONUS – Each week you will have the chance to earn up to 3 bonus points by participating in weekly challenges that will be announced every Friday and by sharing your daily experiences with other players in the “Reflections” portion of the daily scoring. If you have a perfect score these bonus points can be saved and “spent” during the course of the challenge.
7. WINNERS – Winners will be determined at the affiliate level. You will only be competing against the members of your affiliate. Your improvement rankings will be combined with your ranking on the scoreboard to determine the final winners. Number of winners and prizes will be determined by your affiliate.
-Stay tuned…we have SO much more cool stuff to drop on you and help you move a little closer towards the best life of your life!
Are you Fired Up Yet?!?!?!
Tuesday’s Training: Vixen’s class at 6pm is ON today! Come and get after it ladies!!!
Level 1 CrossFit
Level One/Two CrossFit
All Levels CrossFit
|Skill: Kipping Pull Ups
WOD: 20 Minute AMRAP
|Skill: Thrusters & Kipping Pull Ups
WOD: 3 Rounds for Time
|A. Build to a 1RM Thurster in 12 minutes
B. Max Reps Pull Ups
C. 3 Rounds for Time