Top 5 for this week!
We had a super fun Halloween at High Voltage with lots of family and friends, some cool costumes, and as always…a great workout! Our first “Girls go Trick or Treating” WOD was a doozy!
Hopefully whatever you all were doing was fun too and everybody had a great weekend enjoying all the festivities of the season.
Now we turn our attention to the close out of 2015. I can hardly believe how time flies and that we’re already almost here!
In the last blog I mentioned a lot of big events coming your way the rest of the year. This week you’ll see calendars going up all over the gym with all of those events and more, as well as any holiday gym closures.
For today though, I want to give you the Top 5 things you need to know for this week:
- 1. Olympic Drills for Skills Class returns THIS SATURDAY, November 7! All new time @ 10:00-11:30am after the Shred Sesh.
- 2. Our new morning schedule starts today. CrossFit @ 6:00 & 7:00am on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. CrossFit @ 6:00am & Fitness @ 7:00am on Tuesday/Thursday.
- 3. CrossFit Kids Program starts THIS SATURDAY, November 7 @ 9:00-9:45am. Bring your kid(s) for free to this first class and get all the info you’ll need about the program. This is open to to children even if their parents are not part of CFHV!
- 4. Our 30 day Paleo Challenge is going into week 2. If you were off to a rocky start, now is the time to get back on the boat!
- 5. Starting THIS FRIDAY no more benchmark Fridays! We’re now going to be having partner/team workouts on Fridays. It was time to mix it up, and this will be a great way to re-invigorate your fitness and kick off the fun as you go into the weekend each week!
We should have our new sweat pants and zip up hoody designs finished and ready to unveil to you for pre-order some time next week!
We also have a very special way for you to go the #bestpresentever for the holidays this year! Be on the lookout for more news on that later this month!
Have a great Monday…and as always, make it the #besthourofyourday
A: PVC & RUNNING WARMUP
15 x PVC Snatch Pull Unders + 200 M RUN
15 x PVC Drop Snatch + 200 M RUN
15 x PVC Hang Squat Snatch + 200 M RUN
B: Drills (2 Stations) Rotate EMOM x 6 MIN (3 Sets)
B1: Banded Barbell Snatch Grip 2nd Pull (Dip, Hinge, Lat Pull to extension) x 6-8 Reps
B2: Empty BB 4 x Drop Snatch + 4 x Overhead Squats (PERFECT OH Position)
C: 2 – Position Power Snatch Clusters:
EMOM x 12 MINUTES – Add weight every 3 Minutes (4 changes):
1 x Power Snatch (from floor) + 2 x Hang Power Snatch
D: WOD: 3 ROUNDS FOR TIME:
400 M RUN
15 x OVERHEAD SQUATS (95/65#)
STATION A: AIR ASSAULT & BOX JUMPS OR STEP UPS
3 MIN BIKE + 1 MIN BOX STEP UPS
2 MIN BIKE + 1 MIN BOX STEP UPS
1 MIN BIKE + 1 MIN BOX STEP UPS
REST 2 MIN
STATION B: ROWING & BURPEES
3 MIN ROW + 1 MIN BURPEES
2 MIN ROW + 1 MIN BURPEES
1 MIN ROW + 1 MIN BURPEES
REST 2 MIN
STATION C: SHUTTLE RUNS & KB SWINGS
3 MIN 100 M SHUTTLE RUNS (FAN TO DRIVEWAY 50M) + 1 MIN KB SWINGS
2 MIN SHUTTLES + 1 MIN KB SWINGS
1 MIN SHUTTLES + 1 MIN KB SWINGS
REST 2 MIN
STATION D: JUMPING (ROPE OR JACKS) & SLAM BALLS
3 MIN JUMPING + 1 MIN SLAM BALLS
2 MIN JUMPING + 1 MIN SLAM BALLS
1 MIN JUMPING + 1 MIN SLAMS
Strength: Test 1RM FRONT Squat:
5 Reps @ 50%
3 Reps @ 65%
1 Rep @ 75%
1 Rep @ 85%
1 Rep @ 90-95%
1 Rep @ 100 % – TEST FOR 1RM
1 Rep @ 100%+ – PR attempt over last one.
REST 5 MINUTES
85% Test (AMRAP at 30X1 % 85% of 1RM – OR 20RM @ 50%)
* Those who wish NOT to test 1RM, work through 5 x 5 Tempo FRONT Squats @ 3111
WOD (Optional, time permitting): 15 MIN AMRAP:
30 Double Unders
20 M Bear Crawl
10 Single Leg Glute Bridges (each leg)
10 Donkey Kicks (each leg)
Fitness (7:00am & 6:30pm):
Strength, Technique & Development: Lower Body Strength:
3 SETS – ALT EVERY 90 SEC:
A1: Barbell Back Squats x 8 Reps (add weight each set); rest remainder
A2: DB Walking Lunges x 16 Steps ; rest remainder
A3: Box Step Ups (or Jump Up / Step Down) x 16 Steps; rest remainder
WOD: AMRAP 15 MINUTES:
100 M Walk w/ DB’S OVERHEAD
10 Seated DB Press
10 Ring Rows
10 Push Ups / Roll Ups
10 Sit Ups