What are Will & Troy so excited about? Probably that they already got some practice in on their row for this week- It’s the first WOD of the 2018 CrossFit Games Open, and it’s finally here! Let’s get right to it!
20 min AMRAP:
8 Toes to Bar
10 DB Hang Clean & Jerks
14/12 Cal Row
RX: 50/35# DB
Scaled & Masters 55+: 35/20# DB
Scaled: Hanging Knee Raises
I really love this WOD! I feel like it’s really accessible to everybody, no matter their ability level- and that’s what the Open is all about!
One of the things I’m most excited for is to see all of the people I know will get their first ever toes to bar. For others, they may finally string them together for the first time. No matter how you cut it, I think we’re in for some exciting moments.
…and you know how we do the Open here: Friday Night Lights! We’re kicking things off in a BIG way as always, so here’s the scoop:
Sign-up for your Heat starting at 4:30pm. Event kicks off at 5:00pm, first heat at 5:30pm. This is a 20 minute WOD, so if there are some early birds that want to come, please feel free. We’ll be running heats until everybody is done!
- We have a DJ Ben on hand to spin all your favorite jams to get you pumped from his pro sound system!
- We have our week one sponsor RX Bars also on hand to give out tons of free organic coconut water to help replace those electrolytes and make sure you’re all hydrated!
- We’ll also have Dr. Ryan Chapman DC, Active Release & CMT here available at a special discounted rate performing Air Relax Compression Thearapy
- Melissa Arredondo will be here to professionally photograph the whole event, make you all look great, and get you an awesome new profile pic!
- PLUS….a super top secret SPECIAL PRIZE to give away to a registered participant at FNL!
Don’t forget that our theme for week one is our 2017 CFHV Open shirts. They are here if you pre-ordered, and we have a very limited quantity in the lobby if you didn’t pre-order.
Schedule This Weekend:
- Saturday @ 9am: Shred Sesh
- Saturday @ 9am: CrossFit Kids
- Saturday @ 10am: Oly Drills for Skills
- Saturday @ 10am: CrossFit Sparx
- Saturday @ 11:30am: Open Gym
- Sunday @ 10am: Energizer Long WOD
- Sunday @ 11am: Second Chance Sundays*
*did you miss FNL? Couldn’t make it to class or Open Gym? Want to try the 18.1 for a second time? Every Sunday during the 5 weeks of the Open we have Second Chance Sundays after Long WOD for your chance!