For the first time ever an Open WOD was put up to the CrossFit Community and we were allowed to vote for the one we wanted. We knew what movements were left, we were pretty sure we’d see thrusters & pull-ups, and we hadn’t yet done a repeat.
All of the options included these elements, so what did we get? 11.6…er, I mean 12.5, well..actually both:
7 Min AMRAP: 3-6-9-12-15-18…
Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
Scaled & Masters 55+: (65/45#) chin over bar pull-ups
Masters 55+ Scaled: (45/34#) jumping chin over bar pull-ups
Well, it’s too bad we’ve never done anything like this before. Especially recently…
What’s that? Oh yeah, Monday’s WOD was pretty much exactly this same WOD! That means you already know exactly how it will feel, and exactly what to expect, and probably even have a pretty good idea of what your score will be.
…it’s almost like getting a “Second Chance Sunday” on a Friday!
Bryan also told me that he had the momWOD do this CrossFit program Monday, so literally we’ve all ready! And speaking of momWOD, word on the street is that many of them will be coming to our final FNL event!
I really want to have the whole gym at FNL! Let’s roll 60 or 70 participants deep. It’s only a 7 minute WOD, so plenty of room for everybody and lots of heats. The energy is special, the camaraderie is spectacular, AND we’re having a huge party afterward!
Haven’t you heard? We’re finishing off this Open Season with a big potluck style celebration at FNL 18.5. Check out the Facebook page & RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/156627008317119/.
Sponsors and prizes for FNL 18.5? Glad you asked! This week we’ve got:
- DJ Ben is back to spin all the greatest tunes live in person.
- Melissa Arredondo is back to take all your photos. A great chance if you missed out during Week 1.
- BSN has given us some major protein prizes to give away to our top male & female in both RX and Scaled divisions for the night.
- Lorna Jane dropped us some super cool shirts & killer discounts on all of their apparel.
Schedule This Weekend:
- Saturday @ 9am: Shred Sesh
- Saturday @ 9am: CrossFit Kids
- Saturday @ 10am: Partner WOD
- Saturday @ 10am: CrossFit Sparx
- Saturday @ 11:30am: Open Gym
- Sunday @ 10am: Energizer Long WOD
- Sunday @ 11am: Second Chance Sundays*
*did you miss FNL? Couldn’t make it to class or Open Gym? Want to try the 18.1 for a second time? Every Sunday during the 5 weeks of the Open we have Second Chance Sundays after Long WOD for your chance!