Five “P’s” for your New Year
From the entire staff at CrossFit High Voltage, we’d like to wish you all a happy 2019!
CFHV was one of the very first CrossFit gyms to open in Los Angeles, and if you can believe it this year we celebrate our 10th Anniversary! I have some big plans to honor this, while continuing our tradition of service to make your experience better than ever.
New Year’s Day is a day of optimism and looking ahead with all the hope for a bright future. It’s also the first day of tackling some of those goals we set for ourselves.
Today I wanted to share something that I came up last year that helps me reach my goals. I call them The Five “Ps”.
- Planning is mapping the goal out and considering all the variables to achieve it.
- Process is completing the steps from planning consistently & timely to learn what is effective.
- Persistence is the grit & hard work to continue the process, without becoming discouraged or quitting in the face of challenges along the way.
- Power is talent. Using what comes naturally to you as tools to assist with the parts you struggle with.
- Patience is knowing that you followed the steps above and gave the time to let the results reflect the reality of your effort- however long it may take.
So there you have it! What are you goals and how will you begin 2019? Try using my formula and believe in your ability to achieve great things for yourself and others.
Less than 2 weeks left in this cycle, so we’ll be seeing some tests along the way. Then our CF Games Open prep cycle begins as we lead into the most exciting time of the year!
Have a great rest of your week!