That major, major event I promisied
For each of our 8 week training cycles throughout the year, I make sure they culminate with a special event.
For the cycle we just finished it was obviously Murph. This is why we saw so many pull-ups, push-ups, & running in class and with our monthly challenges. I also snuck in that all important energy system training and pacing strategies to help prepare you all.
So I’m sure by now you’re wondering…what’s the big event for this cycle? CrossFit High Voltage is very pleased to announce our very first:
CFHV “In House Throw-Down”!
Who: 1 male + 1 female partner
Where: CrossFit High Voltage
What: 2 WODs + 1 Floater
When: Saturday, July 22
How: Scaled & RX Divisions
Why: Because it’s a ton of FUN!
Pretty awesome! Want some more details? Glad you asked!
- Scaled & RX divisions means that there is a place for EVERYBODY! Fitness, Fusion, momWOD, & CrossFit members will all have a division that is appropriate for them to participate in.
- Workouts will be comprehensive to include every variable:
- One WOD for time (time priority)
- One WOD for rounds (work priority)
- Floater for technique & strength
- There will be seriously cool PRIZES. We’re lining up our sponsors, and when you see what we’re giving away you’ll be seriously blow away!
- Special limited edition competition t-shirt designed by one of our members who is a professional artist.
Let’s be honest though, “In House Throw-Down” isn’t a very exciting name. That’s why we’re going to have a
contest to NAME the competition!
Submit your suggestions via email to email@example.com, in person, or on the whiteboard that will go up this weekend. Your suggestion could become the name for our competition, be on the shirts, and give you major bragging rights!
MANY more details to come, but for now…go grab a partner!
Schedule this Weekend:
Saturday @ 9am: CrossFit Kids
Saturday @ 9am: Shred Sesh
Saturday @ 10am: strongWOD
Saturday @ 11:30-1:30: Open Gym
Sunday @ 10am: Energizer Long WOD